About This Course
One of the most important parts of recruiting new employees is the background check. Failing to investigate applicants properly can lead to hiring the wrong people and can have catastrophic results. This immersive and practical course is designed to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and the real-world application of background investigations for law enforcement agencies. This course is specifically tailored for individuals seeking to enhance their understanding and proficiency in conducting thorough and effective background investigations and will provide you an evidence-informed, court-defensible plan for conducting the most competent and thorough investigations.
This course is designed for Background Investigators, Recruiters, and HR Managers.
Through guided discussion, case study, and small group activities, participants will:
- Explore the role of the Background Investigator
- Explore the role organizational culture plays in background investigations
- Understand and apply hiring standards to investigations
- Evaluate and implement an evidenced-informed hiring process
- Learn how to complete a Background Summary and Packet