Enhance Decision Making Under Stress
Few topics in law enforcement cause more public scrutiny than police use of force. Where the public once gave officers the benefit of the doubt when force was used, now there is doubt and a demand for greater explanation. Decision Making: The Foundation of Reasonable Force examines the factors that affect decision-making under stress and provides practical tools to make reasonable use of force decisions while simultaneously increasing officer safety.
This course is designed for Sworn Personnel, Corrections, Trainers, Investigators, and Supervisors.
Through guided discussions, case studies, and video analysis, participants will:
- Examine current use of force trends and the legal foundations of reasonable force
- Examine the science of human performance and decision making
- Identify tools for improving decision making under stress
- Examine the foundations of effective report writing. CYA: Can You Articulate?
- Explore tools for surviving the aftermath of a force incident