About this course
Regardless of subject matter expertise, the role of the trainer is to enhance the performance of their students. The Transformational Trainer is an instructor enhancement program designed to help you focus on the “how to train” not just the “what to train”. This program is designed to challenge instructors to think differently about law enforcement training to improve the quality of learning transfer so that work performance improves. This course includes guided discussions, case studies, video analysis, self-assessments and small group exercises.
Course Developers, Trainers, FTOs/CTOs, Training Supervisors, Human Resources, Administrators.
- Characteristics of the Transformational Trainer
- The Science of Learning: Making it “Stick”
- Generational Differences and Communication Styles
- Human Performance Factors that Affect Decision Making
- A New Look at Student Feedback
- Storytelling as a Trainer’s Tool
- Eliminating Death by PowerPoint
- Continuous Self-Improvement